Texas BBQ Beef BrisketServes: 6 to 8
Time to prep: 3 to 3 ½ hours
1 boneless beef Brisket Flat Half (about 2 ½ to 3 ½ pounds)
¾ cup barbecue sauce
½ cup dry red wine
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef brisket. Place brisket, fat side up, in stockpot.
- Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small bowl. Pour around brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 ¾ to 3 ¼ hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Trim fat from brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Smoky Strip Steaks With Mexican-Style Grilled Corn
Mexican Beef Stew Over Chipotle Sweet Potato Mashers
1. “Did You Know?” source: Wall Street Journal, As American as Fajita Pie: From Chicago to Disneyland, Mexican food has taken a surprising path to U.S. dominance, March 23, 2012